Completed in 1958, this Russian Orthodox cathedral sits in a quiet neighborhood of northwest Washington, DC. The building is designed in the 17th-century Moscovite-Yaroslav style complete with onion domes and a belfry. Its interior murals illustrate the life of St. John the Baptist and an imposing four-tiered iconostasis separates the sanctuary from the nave. Their parish consists of approximately 400 members led by Fr. Victor Potapov.